Cleaning Naturally 3
Doing things naturally has many benefits. We live in a society where new allergens & reactions invade our lives on a daily basis. Cleaning your laundry using natural methods will not only decrease these reactions within your family, but also your carbon footprint here on earth.
Chemical detergents contain harsh ingredients that cause unnecessary allergic reactions, and are surprisingly easy to replace in your laundry routine!
Homemade Lavender Detergent:
(Each batch yields 32-64 loads)
- 1 bar of shaved & unscented bar of soap (you can do this yourself! Use your cheese grater!)
- 1 cup of borax
- 1 cup of washing soda
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil
- container used for easy storage & pouring
- Add all ingredients into your container
- Stir for 5 minutes (yes - the whole 5 minutes!)
- store in your container and use for laundry. (put about 2-4 tablespoons per load)FAIR WARNING:
Now I’m not gonna lie, the laundry detergent is different. Your clothes are just not going to be the same as with commercial laundry soap. Chemicals are chemicals and they are heavy duty. There is a trade off--Chemical detergents that contain dangerous toxins that burrow deep into your tissues, cells, organs, take over your glands and slowly shut them down VS clothes that aren’t as white and bright, but won’t kill yo!