Some may call doing things the “natural way” a new trend. It is important for us to consider the harmful effects of our everyday cleaners, everyday... trendy or not!
Cleaning naturally is inexpensive, efficient & safe. What’s not to like?
Every Tuesday, we will be sharing some "everyday cleaning" issues that may arise in your household. Try out these new methods, save some money... and our planet! Remember, share your thoughts, experiments and recipes with us!
Cleaning your oven:
One word - BAKING SODA! Honestly, it’s a little embarrassing for me to admit, but this wonderful ingredient has only been de-stinking my fridge for years. The uses of this wonderful ingredient are absolutely endless!
What kind of oven/stove-top do you own? glass? ceramic? gas? I’m here to let you know it doesn’t even matter, baking soda will clean every kind.
- Baking Soda
- Rags (anything you can dampen with water)
- a little water
- Do your best to wipe any excess food or crumbs with a dampened rag.
- Sprinkle a healthy amount of baking soda over everything. (Now - if you are using a traditional electric stove or a gas stove, you will need to either remove the elements or take extra care when sprinkling in and around those areas.)
- Dampen a 2nd cloth with water & scrub, scrub, scrub! You will notice the magic happening immediately. Continue to wet your cloth and repeat!
- Once the natural cleaning magic has met your standards - wipe down with a cry cloth & enjoy your shiny new oven!
Do you have any natural cleaning secrets you would like to share? Leave a comment below!